Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:44:50 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Chad David <davidc@issci.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reading rc.conf from C programs?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:20:23 -0700
Chad David <davidc@issci.ca> wrote:

Hi,

> Here is a very simple lex/yacc parser that reads simple key value
> pairs. The whole thing took about 30 minutes to write.  Exclusive
> states may not be the easiest or best way to handle the parts of the
> sh syntax that need to be ignored, but it was a quick way to handle
> the if, which was all I cared about.

Thanks, looks like a very good start point. I'd need to do some hacking
on it to also get the comments, which I use as tooltips in the GTK+
frontend, but is the kind of thing I'm looking for, so I can easily move
between different rc.conf styles (NetBSD vs FreeBSD) without having to
start from scratch every time.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net