Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:19:12 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Contributing to Ports

See also http://bento.freebsd.org for it.

> I don't think changing
> LOCALBASE?=             ${DESTDIR}/usr/local
> X11BASE?=               ${DESTDIR}/usr/X11R6
> PKG_DBDIR?=             /var/db/pkg
>
> is they're any easy way to do this or documentation ?

Try man ports and the porters handbook too.

The best way to get experience is by making a port, struggling
with it until it works fine and portlint is not complaing anymore!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php