Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:11:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Andrew J. Doane" <adoane@eagle.ais.net>
To:        adoane@eagle.ais.net (Andrew J. Doane)
Subject:   Re: Any ideas?

> When I use the md driver to create a raid set using the two disks the bus
> hangs usally within a minute of starting the mkraid.  Setting the bios
> to 20mb/sec for the drives doesn't appear to help (actually at 40mb/sec
> the aic7xxx driver still reports 20mb/sec.. do i have to force it to
> 40mb somehow?).  The two drives seem to work fine together under win95.
> I did a 500mb copy from A to B without a problem.

I should add that I was able to use the md driver to create a raid set
using disks C-->D so I don't believe the md driver is at fault.  The
errors are clearly bus hangs.

Sorry for the double post.

/ajd/
--
       _/_/    _/  _/_/_/_/         Andrew J. Doane
    _/    _/  _/  _/                Director, Network Operations