Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:59:06 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?S8O2dmVzZMOhbiBHw6Fib3I=?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Marvell, well...

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, [UTF-8] K=C3=B6vesd=C3=A1n G=C3=A1bor wrote:

Hi,

> Android wrote:
>
> > I am a lucky owner of mobo Asus P5LD2. To make me more happy could only
> > working network adapter
> > Marvel 88E8053 Yukon PCI-E Gigabit under FreeBSD-6.0-Stable (amd64).
> > After
> > googling I've understood,
> > there's no efficient solution in my case except to install another
> > adapter. Maybe somebody has
> > found any solution?
> >
> I have a an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with two ethernet controllers. On of
> them is similar to yours, Windows says it is a "Marvell Yukon
> 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller". FreeBSD recognizes
> both of my ethernet cards, the nVidia is called nve0 and the Marvell is
> called sk0. Anyway, I haven't used it so I can't prove it works well.

The marvell 88E8001/etc(sk(4)) are totally different from the
PCIE 88E8053 ones.

While the former (sk(4)) should work pretty well these days the
88E8053 one isn't supported at all. You might find a binary driver
for 5.x FreeBSDs imho on syskonnect.com but I never tried those.

For the nve(4)  though there is a driver it uses some binary blob
from NVidia and gives a lot of trouble with some of the newer
versions up to not working at all.

--=20
Bjoern A. Zeeb=09=09=09=09bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT