Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:52:05 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/39337: p5-PodParser finding wrong p5-File-Spec module

Anton Berezin wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/39337; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.org>
> To: "Christopher H. Laco" <chris.laco@threetech.com>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: ports/39337: p5-PodParser finding wrong p5-File-Spec module
> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:34:01 +0200
>
>  On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:46:41AM -0700, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>  > >Synopsis:       p5-PodParser finding wrong p5-File-Spec module
>
>  This is a known (and dreaded) problem of updating perl modules that are
>  included in the standard perl distribution.
>
>  Currently, you have two easy options to solve it:  remove the Spec.pm
>  that is located in /usr/libdata/somewhere, or install recent version of
>  lang/perl5 port, which does not have this problem.

	What about giving the user the opportunity to overwrite the system
version? Having both on the system doesn't really buy you anything,
because perl is (almost) always going to find the system version anyway?

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?