Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:55:14 +0100
From:      Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs send/recv with lz4

Hi all,

I've two servers with ZFS, the first (who got the data actually) don't have
lz4 enable (FreeBSD 9.0 now FreeBSD 9.1) and the new one is under
FreeBSD-10.

So I would like to enable lz4 for the new server. The problem is I would
like to have (for the futur) the possibility to make zfs send/recv from the
old one (still in production) on the new one. So I should at the beginning
do the zfs send/recv. But how can I say the recv got lz4 ?

If I create a new zfs partition with lz4 activated I need to se rsync and
for that I can't in the futur use zfs send/recv (but maybe I'm wrong about
that).

Any idea ?

Regards.

JAS