Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2012 22:47:26 +0200
From:      Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow@gmail.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the deal with changing release notes?

Regards, Alexander Yerenkow
---------- =F0=C5=D2=C5=C1=C4=D2=C5=D3=CF=D7=C1=CE=CE=CF=C5 =D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=
=C5=CE=C9=C5 ----------
=EF=D4: "Alexander Yerenkow" <yerenkow@gmail.com>
=E4=C1=D4=C1: 04.11.2012 22:22
=F4=C5=CD=C1: Re: what's the deal with changing release notes?
=EB=CF=CD=D5: "Eitan Adler" <lists@eitanadler.com>

Can I add my 2c at this point? Where did 10240 appeared from? Did someone
tried to find some optimal size for most of flashes/cards? I always try to
use some large number, like 1m or even more. I know by sad experience that
writing flash with default bs can take much longer than with large bs value=
.
Very quick and dirty test (from dev/urandom to 1gb partition on sd card)
give me that speed numbers (bs, speed):
128m =3D 11,38
8m =3D 11,42
512k =3D 11,46
10k =3D 1,10

So, default advice on how write those images are unoptimised. Drop in speed
by factor of ten without any reason not god as for me.

Regards, Alexander Yerenkow