Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 12:00:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, deraadt@theos.com, phk@critter.tfs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c

> Don't it will accomplish nothing.
>
> 	Amancio
>
> From The Desk Of "Jordan K. Hubbard" :
> > > Poul, stop sending me mail.
> >
> > I guess we've reached the limit with you.  Your personal feud with
> > Poul-Henning Kamp, or any other person on this planet for that matter,
> > has *nothing to do with this mailing list* and your consistent and
> > willful disregard for its intended charter now forces me to have you
> > barred.  What obviously cannot be accomplished by self-restraint will
> > now have be accomplished with PERL, and what a pity that a few lines
> > of PERL have to serve as a substitute for emotional maturity and just
> > a little common sense.

I disagree.  It will provide a concrete example to anyone who wants to
smear the FreeBSD camp with the "closed developement" brush.

It just won't accomplish what Jordan wants it to.

For what it's worth, it takes two to play tennis.  If either participant
was willing to let the ball go out "on them", it would be over.  I've
let the ball go out on me in times past, so I know it's possible for
either Poul or Theo to simply choose to not reply.  The important
thing to get through your heads is that this is not a "win/lose"
situation, and the ball going out on you does not make you the loser.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.