Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:51:40 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: poor ethernet performance?

At 01:17 PM 7/20/99 -0700, Tani Hosokawa wrote:

 >You've entirely misinterpreted the situation.  The kids aren't the ones
>making Linux grow, it's the serious developers and people who work with
>Linux in the real world that do it.  The kids are the hangers-ons, the
>symptoms.  The actual roots lie with the professionals.

Your assertions are inconsistent with the facts.

If your statements above were true, then FreeBSD would be at least as
successful as Linux. It would enjoy the same installed base and growth rate.
In fact, BSD UNIX in general would be far ahead, because it has been around
longer.

But it's not, and in fact is losing market and server share.

Of course, I'm sure you won't allow the facts to affect your utter devotion
to the doctrine of the Church of L. Jordan Hubbard, which preaches otherwise. :-(

--Brett Glass