Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 13:01:52 +0100
From:      Lu Wei <wei@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation

Hi,

I installed the FreeBSD 2.05 on PC/486, but faced some problems.
I will be grateful if someone can give me some ideas.

P: "No root device found -- you must label a partition as /
    in the label editor"
Q: How to label it ?

P: "Couldn't extract all of the distributions. This may be because the specific
   distributions are not available from the installation media you've chosen
   ( residue: 1)
Q: I have copied all the bin.* files and root.flp into c:/FreeBSD. Is there
   any others required ?

P: The current Partition is as follows:
   Name   	Ptype	Desc	Flags
   sd0s1	2	fat