Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2004 02:32:04 -0300
From:      "Pedro n/a" <napalmblood@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MBR problem with FreeBSD 5.3 beta

In the first time I rebooted my computer, after I've finished the
installation of this version, my motherboard started to beep and I didn't
know what to do.
After reseting the computer I realized that I could no longer "boot" my
Windows. I did selected it from BootMng and it gave no response. Even though
I tried to use FDISK /MBR to rewrite the MBR, all my effords were in vain
and I couldn't start windows again.
Recently I've reinstalled an old release version (trustworthy) but windows
still unable to boot.
Does anyone know anything that  could be helpful?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br