Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:25:23 +1200
From:      Matthew Luckie <kluckie@ihug.co.nz>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        marcus@marcuscom.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inspiron 8000 & Maestro 3

This is a reply to a really old message from back in March.  I reported
that the sound was sounding slow on my dell inspiron 8000 with a maestro
3 sound card.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=191566+193956+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-mobile/20020317.freebsd-mobile

I just figured out what was going on.

I run wmbattery in the windowmaker dock.  Each second it polls for the
status of the batteries, which coincides with the sound slowing down
briefly.  If I use /usr/sbin/apm I get the same slow-down as wmbattery.

I'm not sure if this is specific to my laptop (Inspiron 8000 with a
maestro3 soundcard running FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE from a few hours ago)
but I'd thought I'd report it anyway.

--
Matthew Luckie
kluckie@ihug.co.nz