Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 20:44:48 -0500
From:      Ted Spradley <tsprad@set.spradley.tmi.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildworld failing in gnu/usr.bin/groff/mm

Has anyone else seen this?

===> gnu/usr.bin/groff/mm
Making groff_mm.7 from /scratch/source/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/mm/../../../.
./contrib/groff/mm/groff_mm.man
make: don't know how to make groff_mmse.man. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.

etc...

I've rm -rf'ed /usr/obj/* and done cvs update from my own repository
(cvsup'ed nightly) three days straight now, always landing here.

My next step is to rm -rf /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff and
/usr/src/contrib/groff and cvs update again, because I think I recall
that it built OK at least once before the first time this happened, with
no source change in between.  I was running a lot of make buildworld's as
hardware stress tests, trying to isolate flakey hardware.

Or it's possible that my repository is corrupted, that's happened before.