Date:      Mon, 07 May 2007 10:23:54 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Jan Zach <zach@centrum.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: font problems in firefox, thunderbird,.. gtk?

Jan Zach wrote:

>Yes, I have read this. And also used. I cannot remember why I disabled it after the problems began. The ~/.fonts.conf is attached. It evidently affects the fonts in the sense that they are not blurred now but still  I'm getting different fonts on every start - for instance, sometimes I'm getting fonts without diacritics, in all cases they differ from usual firefox/thunderbird default fonts.
>Unfortunately I'm not able to send a screenshot as xgrab results in a core dump and on a picture from camera it cannot be seen :-(

If you have it installed, gimp will take screenshots.
File/Acquire/Screen shot.

--Alex

PS I once go font weirdness after upgrading nvidia-driver to some
new-ish version.  I don't know that I got different fonts every time,
but I got different fonts (or something that looked like it) from the
previous version of nvidia-driver.  In the end, I just downgraded to
1.0.8178_1 since the new version also had hideous interrupt problems
which locked my machine.  This may be *completely unrelated* to your
problem!