Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:00:44 +0000
From:      "D. Penev" <dpenev@mail.bg>
To:        "Alek - freebsd@it.cyvox.org" <freebsd@it.cyvox.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 gateways - seperate routes for different ports?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:23:12PM +1000, Alek - freebsd@it.cyvox.org wrote:
>Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:23:12 +1000 (EST)
>Subject: 2 gateways - seperate routes for different ports?
>From: "Alek - freebsd@it.cyvox.org" <freebsd@it.cyvox.org>
>To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
>
>Greetings,
>
>I currently have 2 gateway servers that I would like to consolidate.
>
>One is a permanent dialup with a static IP - this maintains DNS, routes my
>SMTP namespace and is relatively secured with IPFW.
>The other is a cable connection with a dynamic IP running NAT but
>unsecured because I haven=92t figured out how to configure IPFW with a
>dynamic IP=85 yet.
>I want to consolidate these 2 boxes, but I would need to route port 25 and
>53 traffic through the dialup connection and everything else through the
>cable connection?  I expect I should be able to do this with IPFW=85?  No?
>Any ideas / solutions appreciated.

Try this:

in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup

dialup_isp_label:
 /sbin/ipfw add XXX fwd HISADDR tcp from any to any 25,53
 /sbin/ipfw add YYY fwd HISADDR udp from any to any 25,53
                ^^^ numbers depends of   ^^^ if you have own dns and/or mail
                    others ipfw rules        server change with ip address
                                             that they are bind

in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkdown

dialup_isp_label:
 /sbin/ipfw delete XXX
 /sbin/ipfw delete YYY

Remove or comment "add default HISADDR" in dialup_isp_label section in
ppp.conf and set default route to cable connection .

>Cheers,
>
>Alek.

--=20
Regards,