Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   rwhod -m not working with point-to-point link.

FreeBSD cartman.xxx 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #3: Wed Jan  9 18:19:44 EST
2002     root@cartman.xxx:/usr/local/obj/usr/local/src/sys/CARTMAN  i386

Hi,

I've got 2 -STABLE boxes connected via an IPSEC tunnel (ESP mode).  rwhod
running on both boxes used to be able to see each other.  As the tunnel is
a point to point link, I would would expect this to work in multi-cast mode.

After reciently updating to 4.5-RC and racoon-20011215a, I seem to have
lost this ability.

Can anyone assist me in finding either a) how I can make this work, or b)
why this shouldn't have worked in the 1st place?

Thanks,
--
Chris

"I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it!"
     -- Tom Galloway with apologies to Voltaire