Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 19:56:31 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mgetty package ..... is Auto-PPP enabled or not ??

I've installed mgetty from packages & trying to configure it to answer
incoming calls. The handbook insists that mgetty must be compiled with
"Auto-PPP", but doesn't provide any clues on the packages version, or how to
check if the "Auto-PPP" bit is enabled. I do get  login: & password: prompts
when I attempt dialing in with Win2000 ("bring up terminal window after
dialling" enabled) so that suggests that the auto bit isn't running, but
since mgetty is supposed to be the "bees knees" for dialup, I can't imagine
why the package would be built without Auto-PPP.

Anyone know about this stuff ??