Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 99 11:48:34 -0000
From:      jserf <jserf@flash.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP Install

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a laptop using FTP.  The laptop is an
NEC Versa P75.  The modem I am using is an external Zoom 33.6, which
works pretty well with a wintel box.  I have the most recent boot disks,
and am using the novice installation.  I am able to connect to my ISP
through the terminal program, but the machine fails to resolve whatever
FTP site I am selecting.  I am assuming that this is because I am not
correctly filling in the network information section.  Do you think you
could tell me what I ought to be putting into these fields?  In the host
name, I have just been putting in something like "jserf.flash.net" or
just "jserf"  In the domain name I have been typing "flash.net"  In the
gateway, I have no clue what to type.  I have tried leaving it blank, and
also typing in the DNS addy.  In the name server, I am typing 209.30.0.9,
FlashNet's primary DNS server.  I'm not sure about the other fields.  I
apologize asking you such simple questions; I am very new to BSD.  I work
here at FlashNet, so if you need any more information, please feel free
to ask, and I'm sure I can get it somehow.  Thanks in advance for any
assistance you can provide!

     -Joe, The Feeble FlashNet Serf