Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 23:30:51 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Things moving around on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > 	The only thing that the mirrors would require would be a listing
> > of those subdirectories that are symlink'd so that appropriate mirror
> > 'branches' could be created...
>
> Well, they can get that for themselves anytime - it's not like
> the information's a secret or anything. ;-)

	No, I realize that...but the idea should be to make the transition
as painful as possible for everyone, no?  It would be easier for you to
create a list and send it out once to the list then to have everyone
ftp'ng into the site to check out what the configuration looks like, no? :)

	It could also act as a quick confirmation that the "dreadful deed"
is done? :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org