Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/17228: Installation floppies hang up on Compaq Armada V300 laptop

The following reply was made to PR i386/17228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To: root@infres.enst.fr
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: i386/17228: Installation floppies hang up on Compaq Armada V300
 laptop
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:11:10 -0500 (EST)

 On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 root@infres.enst.fr wrote:

 > >Synopsis:       Installation floppies hang up on Compaq Armada V300 laptop
 > >Environment:
 >
 > Compaq Armada V300 laptop. Here is the relevant dmesg info from Linux.
 > A 3CCFE575 Megahertz PCMCIA card was plugged in socket 0.

   I don't have an answer, but I might have some additional info to help
 debug the problem:

   I have an Armada 7400 laptop, which appears to be very similar to your
 V300 model, running -current just dandy. However, it is worth pointing out
 that the box is still running -current from 1/14/20. The drives appear to
 be similar, although not identical. I have not had any problems. I've
 include the dmesg output in case it helps identify what difference is
 causing your problem.
   I'll be updating the -current on that box sometime this week and I'll be
 sure to report back by success (or lack thereof) if this hasn't been
 resolved by then.

   Good luck,

   Kelly

 > PIIX4: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 39
 > PIIX4: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
 >     ide0: BM-DMA at 0x2420-0x2427, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio
 > hda: IBM-DBCA-204860, ATA DISK drive
 > hdb: CD-224E, ATAPI CDROM drive
 > ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
 > hda: IBM-DBCA-204860, 4108MB w/420kB Cache, CHS=556/240/63, UDMA

 ata-pci0: <Intel PIIX4 ATA-33 controller> port 0x2020-0x202f at device 7.1
 on pc
 i0
 ata-pci0: Busmastering DMA supported
 ata0 at 0x01f0 irq 14 on ata-pci0
 ad0: <IBM-DKLA-24320/KL4UA47A> ATA-4 disk at ata0 as master
 ad0: 4108MB (8415225 sectors), 8905 cyls, 15 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
 ad0: 16 secs/int, 1 depth queue, UDMA33
 acd0: <UJDA150/1.02> CDROM drive at ata0 as slave
 acd0: read 4134KB/s (4134KB/s), 128KB buffer, WDMA2
 acd0: Reads: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA
 acd0: Audio: play, 256 volume levels
 acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
 acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

 --
 Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Richmond, VA
 Analyst / E-business Development, Bell Industries  http://www.bellind.com/