Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 21:55:25 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need advice on messaging solution

Hi all,

I need advice on redesigning a messaging solution for a small operation. I
currently have about a hundred users on Netscape Messaging server 4.15 under
RedHat 6.2 but I am not entirely satisfied with Linux as a mail server
platform. The Messaging Server is performing OK but need to switch OS.

Being a part-time sysadmin I need the mail system to be simple to set up and
maintain.  The wishlist:

1) Runs under FreeBSD (anyone manged to run NS Messaging Server under
compatibility? I've managed to get the NS LDAP server working but not
Messaging)
2) LDAP access control
3) POP3, IMAP and HTTP mail access, support of AUTH.
4) Ready for SSL
5) Remote management over http
6) Relay control
7) UBE filtering

Clients are mostly Eudora or Outlook WinNT or IE5/NS4.

TIA,
Per olof