Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:03:52 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@skyrunner.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   updating by copying /usr/obj and /usr/src not working

Hi everyone,

I used to be able to update systems by making world on a fast machine, then
copying the /usr/obj and /usr/src that resulted from that update directly to
other slower systems and just doing a make installworld and make
installkernel.

Recently however, when I attempt this, the install fails with something
about problems in the /usr/lib dir (I think).

Has something changed?

Do you now need more than just /usr/src, and /usr/obj to do an update?

TIA,

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net