Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:49:01 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ENXIOing non-present battery

On 12/07/14 08:03, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Wait - so it reports a battery with 0% in it, but not that it's not present?

It reports all zeroes: Not Present, 0% power, 0V, 0mA design capacity, etc.

> How's this work on other systems? KDE on Linux doesn't lose its mind
> if the second battery is totally flat.

Good question.  I'll download an Ubuntu image and find out.  Given that KDE
gets this information via hald, it's possible that hald's linux code has a
workaround for this though -- the battery-status-reading code is entirely
separate between FreeBSD and Linux.

--
Colin Percival