Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:41:14 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rc.d and rc.local

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> ok, here's my first attempt at this.  It's probably a bit rough around
> the edges, but it might provide a starting point.

I like it, but there are two points where it can be improved (that I can
see):

* It is important to make it clear at which point in the system startup
these scripts are executed (after all other rc(8) stuff, only in
multiuser, right? If I'm wrong, all more of a reason to specify so :).

* A comment to the effect that the scripts are executed in ASCII order
(I don't recall how to say that nicely :) at startup, and reverse at
shutdown, and hint that one can prefix certain scripts with digits to
enforce their ordering.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com