Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:29:52 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        pmcdonald@epoch.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Migration to Red Hat

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:21:55 -0500  "Paul McDonald" wrote:
 +------------------
 | I was wondering if a site is currently running FreeBSD and switches to Red
 | Hat how tough of a move is this?
 |
 | Paul McDonald
 +------------------

Depends what the system is doing.  If the system is not doing
anything important then it can be as simple as throwing everything
away and re-installing.  If there are critical databases and
applications that must be moved then I'd concider bringing up a
new box with the new os and migrating applications one at a time.

On the other hand.  Is there a good reason to migrate away from FreeBSD?
Just about anything that runs on Linux will run better on freebsd.
(for some definition of "better" ;-)

chris

--
    Chris Fedde