Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2016 02:15:29 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        clutton <clutton@zoho.com>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devel/libc++ too old

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:08:29AM +0200, clutton wrote:
> New www/chromium port (currently only on github) has problems building
> on 10.1 and 9x releases because of outdated libc++ [...] Are there
> any plans to update the port?

I'm not the person doing the work, so I can't say for sure, but ...

According to https://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html#sup , 10.1,
10.2, and 9.x will reach End-Of-Life within a few weeks.  (In particular,
most ports maintainers will be glad to see the end of 9.x with its old,
annoying, make(1) ).

So people will likely tell you "it's time to upgrade".

mcl