Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:03:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        peter@sirius.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing "isa_devtab_cam" on kernel link

Going from 2.2.6 to -stable is a step backwards.  Is it known to work?

In -current, I find isa_devtab_cam defined in compile/{kernel
name}/ioconf.c.  It is generated by config.  I don't believe the cam
code has been put in -stable, yet.  Has it?

Maybe you have a bad tag in the cvsup config file and got -current?  I
just sent my stable-supfile.  I run -current, so the stable-supfile
may be out of date.  Look at

  http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook263.html#507

The -stable supfile is referenced on that page.

Did you clean the kernel build directory?

config -r {kernel name}
cd ../../compile/{kernel name}
make depend
make