Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:04:32 -0400
From:      James Snow <snow@teardrop.org>
To:        ntai@mac.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Number of mbuf clusters (NMBCLUSTERS)

Funny that you should post this at exactly the same time
that I was beginning to look for other instances of the
'mbuf clusters exhausted' message.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 11:56:18PM -0400, naoyuki_tai@mac.com wrote:

> I'm seeing a bit of problem with my FreeBSD 4.6 stable server.

Me:

FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE.

> My server: FreeBSD 4.6 Stable, Intel P3 933 / 256M Memory / a pair of
> 60G IDE drives (Seagate ATA IV). NIC: Intel EtherExpress 100+
> NFS export.

Me:

dc0: <82c169 PNIC 10/100BaseTX>

> Jul 12 09:28:54 nile /kernel: All mbuf clusters exhausted,
> please see tuning(7).

I got a bunch of these yesterday, while scp'ing files to
this machine.

> The drive is hooked up to a Promise PCI ATA/UDMA 100
> controller card.

The drive I was writing to is controlled by:

atapci1: <Promise ATA100 controller>

Curious....

-Snow