Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2007 04:29:09 +0100
From:      Hans Nieser <h.nieser@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to upgrade subversion 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 (apache22 db4 support)

Hi list,

I'm trying to upgrade subversion from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 (as part of a full
system update using 'portupgrade -a') but during compilation it aborts
with the following message:

> You should build `www/apache22' with db4 support to use subversion with
> it. Please rebuild `www/apache22' with option
> `WITH_BERKELYDB=(db4|db41|db42)' and try again.

(or it suggests disabling db4 entirely with WITHOUT_DBD)

Since it doesn't seem like a bad idea to have the DB4 repository backend
available I decided to recompile apache22 (version 2.2.4) with DB4 support
by adding the following to the MAKE_ARGS list in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:

 > 'www/apache22' => 'WITH_BERKELYDB=db42',

I ran portupgrade -f apache and made sure it was using this make argument.
After recompilation of apache22 I tried to upgrade subversion again, but
I'm still getting the exact same error. I checked /usr/ports/UPDATING to
see if there's anything else I may need to do, but couldn't find anything.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?