Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:45:46 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400 & XFree86 4.1 & native driver -- does it works for somebody?

On Monday, 25 February 2002 at  9:17:15 +0000, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, hardware! How are you?
>
>   I bought Matrox G400 some days ago and try to set up XFree86 4.1
>   (/usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server). I've compiled this port
>   with WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER.
>
>   Now I try to run X. X started, and after that screen is balck with
>   some garbage (two or three small color stains) and mouse cursor on
>   it (without standard X background). And mouse cursor doesn't move.
>    I've tried different options for mga driver, but result is same in
>    any case.
>
>   This card works perfectly under Win2K.
>
>   My XF86Config and X output are attached to this message.

This doesn't look like an XFree86 4.x config file to me.  Take a look
at http://www.lemis.com/~grog/XF86Config/echunga-feb2002.html for a
comparison.  I've never had problems like this with my G400.

I wonder if 1152x864 is supported by the card; try switching to
1024x768 and see what happens.

> I don't like ``symbol unresolved''' messages in X output.

Hmm.  I haven't seen that, but I don't have any saved output to
compare.  It wasn't flagged as an error, so maybe it's OK.

Greg