Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:21:43 +0100 (MET)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        softweyr@xmission.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        andrew@python.shoal.net.au, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buttons and bumper stickers

> Not yet.  I spoke to the owner of the company that makes these on
> Friday, and he promised to send me samples and pricing info, but said he
> wouldn't be able to get it out until today.  Given the speed of the
> U. S. Snail service, I expect to get the package late this week or early
> next week.
>
> In the meantime, send me suggestions for artwork.  I've roped in a
> friend who is a professional in advertising and pre-press work to help
> with putting together the logo, and have him working from the "Powered
> by FreeBSD" icon as a starting point.

I would like to see an as simple text as possible.
S.th. like "FreeBSD running" or "Here runs FreeBSD" or ...

(Also, it wouldn't be bad to have some stickers with the daemon and
the FreeBSD logo (ca. 3" diameter) to paste on a bag, a car, a window, ...
just to constantly point people to it. -- The same as some have a pinguin
sitting on their desk. :-)

I tried some "artwork", but lost the battle with the graphics program.
(BTW, is there any good picture editing SW under FreeBSD ?)

> Wes Peters                                                       Softweyr LLC

Just my 0.03 DM,
Robert

--
Dr. Robert Eckardt                                                 (
    Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Inst.f.Theor.Physik, NB6/169          )