Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 1998 20:45:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason K. Fritcher" <jkf@wolfnet.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mountd w/ -alldirs option

Hello. I am trying to export a directory tree to a diskless OpenBSD box from
a FreeBSD 2.2.6-stable box, and I am having difficulties with mountd. I need
to be able to export a swap file for OBSD, and after reading the man page
for mountd(8) and exports(5), and have added this line to my /etc/exports.

/usr/export/rowe -alldirs rowe.wolfnet.org

When I 'kill -HUP' mountd, it syslogs the following error messages.

Jul  4 17:05:49 outreach mountd[124]: Could not remount /usr/export/rowe: Invalid argument
Jul  4 17:05:49 outreach mountd[124]: Bad exports list line /usr/export/rowe -alldirs rowe

If I remove the -alldirs flag, mountd does not complain about the line. I've
searched through the mailing list for things to try, and there weren't any
answers.

/usr/export/rowe does have files and directories in it, so it isn't a matter
of there being nothing in the directory.

Any help is appriciated.

Also, please CC responses to me, as I am not on the questions list.

--
 Jason K. Fritcher
  jkf@wolfnet.org