Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 00:52:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Qcam software

I've got a qcam ball on a 2.2.5 system.  Using qcamcontrol I can grab pics
but they contain an incorrect image: split the image in 60/40 and flip the
60 on its xaxis and thats what I get.

qcread-0.2 works much better, grabbing decent images.

a) Has anyone seen the inverted image problem?  (This is nice fresh 2.2.5 src,
using the modloaded qcam_mod.)

b) Is there an X front end?  (Lots of them for linux it seems)

c) Has anyone gotten a better soln to the contrast/brightness issue than
the previously posted method of hexdumping for white and decrementing?

d) Has anyone noticed that the pictures are much closer in than the
equivalent on a mac?  Something like 2x zoom (and no I have no zoom settings)

-j