Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:07:26 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
To:        "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, Tobias Roth <ports@fsck.ch>, UMENO Takashi <umeno@rr.iij4u.or.jp>
Subject:   Re: xlockmore - serious security issue

--nextPart3054853.z3bsZYTU4I

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 10:51, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz> wrote:

> > > Nope. None at all.

> > > I just run "xlock". No args.

> > > Now that you mention it, it does. I'll try to stick to swarm. I
> > > kinda like random modes, though.
> >
> > I just stick with a blank screen and works fine for several weeks
> > at a time.  I found some of the GL screensavers to cause
> > problems.
>
> Ask me - we should mark this port forbidden and/or make
> and entry in vuxml until we resolve this issue. Let's make
> blank screen the default behavior or something. To leave
> this as is is unacceptable.
I think making the blank screen default or disabling the GL modes and=20
marking it forbidden if you toggle the switch to enable the GL modes,=20
should be sufficient.  Ideally someone who cares about the GL modes=20
should probably look into fixing the problem.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry
amistry@am-productions.biz
AM Productions http://am-productions.biz/