Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:11:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache DocumentRoot

Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > Just installed Apache+PHP. Will be using it to begin with, exclusively fr
 > local development. Where should my DocumentRoot be in Unix/FBSD? I've got
 > Xitami/PHP/mySQL on my win95 HDD. Xitami simplifies it by insisting on
 > either /webpages or /cgi-bin. TIA!

I think, by default the Apache port assumes that your Document-
Root is at /usr/local/share/apache/htdocs for static pages, and
/usr/local/share/apache/cgi-bin for CGI programs and scripts.
You can change these directories in your Apache config, which
is /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf (you'll have to modify
that file to fit your own needs anyway).

Use the command ``apachectl configtest'' to check the syntax of
your config file after you've done any modifications.  Then use
``apachectl restart'' to restart Apache, in order to let any
modifications take effect.  Watch Apache's error_log file
afterwards, in case any problems arise from your modifications.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)