Date:      Wed, 24 May 95 14:05:16 GMT
From:      "gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com" <garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com>
To:        roberto%blaise.ibp.fr@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        hackers%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: ups 2.45.2 Does C++

Ollivier Robert wrote:

>> ups 2.45.2 is rather old, I thought the current version was 3.7 ?
>
> Do you have a pointer for a recent version 3.x ? I've been unable to
> find it with archie.

this is from an old mail:

> To: ups-users@ukc.ac.uk
> Subject: ups-3.7.-alpha now available
> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 23:19:07 +0100
> From: Mark Russell <M.T.Russell@ukc.ac.uk>
>
> The latest version of the ups 3 alpha release is now available.  This
> has fixes for various bugs reported by people who tested the 3.6alpha
> release.  Many thanks to everyone who tried it out and reported
> problems.
>
> As well as bug fixes this version includes a CHANGES file with details
> of the new features.  I have appended a copy of the CHANGES file to
> this message.
>
> The release is available by anonymous FTP from unix.hensa.ac.uk.  The
> path is /misc/unix/ups/ups-3.7-alpha.tar.Z.  There is also a patch to
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should be /pub/misc/unix/ups
> covert from 3.6-alpha to 3.7-alpha.  The path of the patch file is
> /misc/unix/ups/ups-3.6-to-3.7-alpha.patch.Z.
>
> Mark

I deleted the README which was also included with it.

Whether ups has gotten past the alpha stage, I can't say.

I just checked it out and the stuff is still there, there's also a copy
of ups-2.45.2.

This seems to be a very sloooooow connection to the net.

ups-3.7-alpha was ported by someone, I've sent numerous mails out about this.
It appears that the file is no longer available though, maybe it got lost when
wcarchive bit the dust.

I may still have a copy of the port at home, I checked it out at Jordan's behest
to see how difficult it would be to get it to work with the gdb in the FreeBSD
distribution. I decided that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Gary J.