Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 00:23:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hacker dinner report...

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu wrote:

With SFTP you can establish 'Dinner Party Lists' and using the appropriate
'Buffet Tools,' you can selective sample items on the small but growing
FBONE.  Security will be achieved via the 'Hamilton Blender Hash,' which
when used on the liquify setting, guarantees no one but the intended
recipients will want your packets.

> > > How do you transfer the dinner meal via MBONE?
> > >

> > The newly implemented Simple Food Transfer Protocol (SFTP), available on
> > the soon to be released frouted.
>
> Ah... the dueling food standards.   Which will win?  So is DTP
> point-to-point and SFTP broadcast?  Is one is better for satisfying huge
> appetites and the other for banquets?
>
> But has anyone thought of the security implications of either SFTP or the
> DTP?   Could someone put mushrooms in my spaghetti in route???  Yuck!  :-)
>
> -- David	(obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.