Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:29:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jon O." <netcmd@networkcommand.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Camera feeds to the net w/ FreeBSD

Hi all:

We are working on a project to set up some live audio/video feeds from
night clubs to the internet and I need some advice.

This is the first time I will have done this so it needs to be kinda
simple. There are many windoze products that allow you to feed video to
the net, but I would rather stay far away from that.

I want to use FreeBSD for all the reasons you all read this list -- it's
runs like silk.

Requirements:
1. Serve audio and video from machine to the net.
	50-200 simultaneous viewers

2. We have a nice camera or can buy a new one.
	Good quality in low light

Will icecast work for the audio?

Thanks for any help or advice you may have. This is a really great project
and I would love to say the whole thing runs on FreeBSD when people/press
ask ;).

Thanks,
Jon