Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>, Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on Aironet LEAP support?

Brooks Davis writes:
| On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 07:04:13PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
| > I also ran into some nasty panic's using the new ifmedia stuff to
| > configure the 802.11 options with the latest firmware.  I ended
| > up ifdef'ing them out so I could avoid them.
|
| Does ancontrol still work?  I'm pretty sure it shouldn't if my patches
| cause a panic.

Yes ancontrol works fine.  There are some bugs in the implementation of
the ifmedia stuff for the "an" driver.  I saw some inconsistancies in
the reporting.

That strange thing is the DDB wouldn't give me a back track or anything
like that.  I did single step through DDB after setting a break point
in an_ioctl and it did die when doing the media ioctl.

I'm going to look at some LEAP stuff and your changes.  I had a netboot
environment working where I could run gdb remotely and trace the
kernel at a higher level except that it seems the environment need is
broken so I need to work on that.   Then I should have a fix for the
panic and fix up some of the other problems.

Also there seems to be a lot of emerging things.  For example Cisco
has a alternate home profile and LEAP is supported.  How do you
plan to add this.

BTW when I was working on the latest changes to the "an" driver it
was really cool disable the slot via pccardc.  kldunload the driver
and replace it with the new one and then enable the slot.  This way
I could develope the kernel code on the laptop that I debugging the
code with rebooting!  This kld stuff is way cool ... until I started
getting panics :-(

Doug A.