Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 13:36:48 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        "Peter Snoek" <Peter@ur.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD or Linux?

> Hi there

Hi!

> currently I am gathering info on both FreeBSD and Linux.

Just do it!  Either one...  You'll be better off in either
case than using Microsoft products.

> Can you give me any advantaged of FreeBSD compared to linux?

The penguin mascot sucks.  The FreeBSD daemon isn't a drunk
and seems much more "hip" to me.  I heard he is a notorious
stoner though.

Oh, I forgot, Tux (the penguin) joined Alcoholics Anonymous
a couple of years ago.  That's why you don't see him drinking
in public anymore.  In years past, he had a mug of beer
everytime you saw him.

Of course reports have been circulating that ever since he
moved to the United States he started backsliding and fre-
quently binges in private.

> Are there any disadvantages?

The constant barrage of questions about whether FreeBSD is
"better" than Linux.

:-)

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net