Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:39:19 +0200
From:      Vidar Karlsen <vidar@karlsen.tech>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <bsdports@cloudzeeland.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: pkg: sqlite error while executing sqlite open in file pkgdb.c:1126: unable to open database file

<bsdports@cloudzeeland.nl <mailto:bsdports@cloudzeeland.nl>>
> wrote:
>=20
>> Dear group,
>>=20
>> Apparently I have an issue when finalizing the ports with =
portmanager.
-snip-
>> =3D=3D=3D>>> Returning to update check of installed ports
>> =3D=3D=3D>>> Update check of installed ports complete
>> pkg: sqlite error while executing sqlite open in file pkgdb.c:1126: =
unable
>> to open database file
-snip-
> While you are using portmaster(8), portmaster, in turn, uses pkg and =
the
> pkg database which is sqlite  So the pkg suggestions are likely =
reasonable.
> It looks like the db is missing, seriously damaged, has protections =
that
> keep portmaster from accessing it, or your db is not in the right pkg =
is
> looking for it.

Also check if your current work dir has been deleted, say, as a =
consequence of
running portsnap update for example. That can also trigger this error:

vidar@cube ~% mkdir -p one/two
vidar@cube ~% cd one/two
vidar@cube ~/one/two% rm -rf ~/one
vidar@cube ~/one/two% pkg info
pkg: sqlite error while executing sqlite open in file pkgdb.c:1126: =
unable to open database file

=E2=80=94=20
Vidar Karlsen=