Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 22:08:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adding New Hard Drives: A Major Complaint

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:

> fdisk/disklabel Pretty lame if you ask me -- perhaps we should required
> FreeBSD to be booted by  IBM Punch Cards....

	I've taken the sysinstall code, pulled everything out of it
that I figured I could safely take out, and left in the Partition and
Label Disk options of the "Custom" menu and recompiled it.  It seems to
work, but won't know for sure until tomorrow, or the next day, when I
get a new drive to test it on.

	At least you don't have to look for it before using it...and
you don't get the false sense that you have to install the operating
system to add a disk.

	I'm not much good at those Copyright notices, so unless I get
explicit permission (or instructions) on distributing my "hack" from
Jordan...its going to have to stay "in house"...which is more a hint/hope
that Jordan will send me email since I don't know who he is, and there
is no email address apparent in the code...

Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
scrappy@hub.org  |
 soon to be:     |
scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.