Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:43:25 -0500
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@geektech.com>
To:        Trond =?iso-8859-1?q?Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>, "Sergey N. Voronkov" <serg@tmn.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Strange boot message - "no devsw (majdev=0 bootdev=0xa0400000)"

Hello,

I just did a cvsup last night (6-4-01) and I've got no problems with a custom
kernel.  My last upgrade before was on Feb 14th.  I performed a buildworld,
buildkernel, installkernel, reboot, installworld, reboot and shazaam!  A new
4.3-Stable system.  The only thing I had to do was add a miibus device to my
kernel config.

Basic hardware spec:
Duron 800Mhz
Chaintech MB
256Mb PC133
Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet
NE2000 PCI Ethernet (ProLAN)
IDE drives (2 20Gb)
Hercules Stingray 128/3D

Maybe you both could post the custom configs that are causing the problems?

GB

--
GB Clark II  - N5VMF -    | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@GeekTech.COM  | General Geek