Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:18:59 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7 + natd + "No buffer space"

Setup:

2.2.7 with natd running, two NICs:

- outside is a RealTek el-cheapo PCI NIC (NE2000), ed1
- inside is 3Com 3C509, ep0

Twice in two days, the insied NIC has jammed with "no buffer space".

I can solve this by doing ifconfig ep0 down, ifconfig ep0 up, but
there has to be something else ?

I've looked in the mailing lists, and I can see quite a few people've
had the same problem, but no solutions.  Is there some parameter
I can bump in the kernel ?

Also, I've only seen this behavior on 3Com NICs.  My old SMC and DEC 21140
cards have never acted up like this (which really makes me hate 3Com
more and more, but that's another story).

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.