Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:02:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rlogin receiving sig 11 (randomly)

<<On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:05:30 -0500 (EST), "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com> said:

>    This happens very randomly - 1 out of 50. But, when it fails, it
> typically  fails multiple times as shown above.  I've seen this over
> the last 5 weeks or so.

`rlogin -x' has consistently failed for me (sending garbage on the
transmit channel) since something happened a few months ago.  It's
somewhere between September 10 (which still works on my desktop) and
late November (can't get a precise date right now) (which fails on my
laptop).  Compiler upgrade issue?

-GAWollman