Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:37:40 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On freezes in 3.2-Stable

The scary part (at least to me) about drive power consumption
really occurs during the initial power-on inrush.

When I kept up with the numbers for these things in a former
life working for a disk manufacturer, I was always astounded
at how much current the drives pulled during their power-on
sequence.  After startup, current begins to taper off rapidly.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net