Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:45:55 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logo artwork (was Linux emulation != FreeBSD sale (was Re: Netscape browser))

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 12:15:44PM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> Scott Mitchell wrote:
> >
> > The logo business was discussed to death a few months back on this very
> > list, as part of the 'Works with FreeBSD' branding program.....whatever
> > happened to that?  I recall that someone was going to take all the
> > suggestions we all made and do something constructive with them.  So,
> > whoever that someone was, are you still out there?
>
> We never got any suggestions, in terms of logo artwork.  Not a single
> one.  Got any ideas?  Got any artistic abilities, or friends who do?
> I'm STILL waiting.

I suppose I could ask my sister -- she's a photographer/graphic artist
(she does a lot of photoshop work) so she could probably produce something
suitable.  If whoever is carrying the ball for this project could put
together a spec of exactly what we want, with pointers to any existing
artwork that might serve as inspiration, I can ask her about it the next
time I see her.  She may of course (not unreasonably, I think) want to be
paid; is there any hope, or is that a complete non-starter?

Wes, you're a big wheel on the Daemon News, right?  Have you talked to
Ms. Coleman (sp?) of Darby Daemon fame about this -- she seems like an
ideal candidate for the job.

Cheers,

	Scott