Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:43:40 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading firmware on Areca RAID card?

--Apple-Mail-45--438288889
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Oct 9, 2006, at 7:35 AM, Bob Willcox wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to upgrade the firmware on my Areca ARC-1210 SATA RAID
> card. Has anyone out there done this, and if so, do you have any
> advice
> on doing it?
>
> I have downloaded a program called archttp32 that appears to be a
> FreeBSD 4.2 32-bit version of the Arec http proxy server but I really
> need a 64-bit version (I suppose that would be called archttp64),
> preferably build on FreeBSD 6.1 (or thereabouts).
>
> Any tips, pointers, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

I've done it but under Solaris 10.  I basically followed the
instructions that Areca has in the docs/website.  My card was an 1120
8 port card (I also did an 1130 12 port card through its in-built
ethernet port).

I went just now to their downloads and they only show the 32 bit
archttp server.  Try that and see how it works since your amd should
also run 32 bit programs, right?.  Otherwise, maybe you will have to
boot a liveCD in 32bit mode or something and run it from that

Chad

> Thanks,
> Bob

---