Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:54:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS PRO: functional!

Hello!

An update on my progress with the gus.

I finally got the GUS to configure under DOS.  IWINIT was having a heck of
a time finding te card.  Today I upgraded to the 2.0B2 drivers from
gravi's web site.  I had to change the 'mode=pnp' line in IW.INI to
'mode=legacy', and then it configured right up.  So if you're having
trouble getting your gus to detect under DOS and you're on a non-PnP
machine (i have a P90 with Phoenix 4.03 bios and a SiS 54P motherboard),
upgrade and try that change.

Next is getting FreeBSd working.  Can I apply guspnp6 to the 2.2-ALPHA, or
do I have to go all the way to -current?  reason is that if I have to go
to current I'm going to buy a new disk...

Thanks for info and hope this helps some of you out there.