Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 19:59:12 -0700
From:      "Jonathan Roe" <jmkroe@my-dejanews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   silo overflows

I have very recently installed FreeBSD, and have been getting a lot of silo overflows once establishing a PPP connection. I have a 16650 UART, and, indeed, in Win95 I *VERY* rarely get serial overruns, even when setting my DTE to 230400 (infact, I was wading through a voluminous modem log and could find only one). I
tried reducing the line speed to 57600 and and even 38400 respectively, but to no avail, still getting the overflows.

Any help and suggestions would be really appreciated.

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums